I’m on holiday and in the mood of doing something that doesn’t require much thinking, but more of typing in what pops up instead. So here’s my highschool senior’s blog and her 30-day challenge, and here’s me trying to finish it within a day just because I want to.
Nothing important, but at least my fingers are dancing on the keyboard cheerily.
Heeeere we go.
1. Introduction and recent photo.
Do I have to do this one all over again? Let’s find another way to do it, yes? My name is MK, I’m now 20-something, and I’m a Sherlockian. That’s pretty much all. Oh, and a recent photo… yeah, no. Feast your eyes on the header of this blog. That’s all.
2. Your current relationship. If single, discuss how single life is.
Single, and not quite ready to mingle. I have absolutely no record of being in a relationship, and no matter how abnormal it sounds, I’m not worried. Some other girls told me it’s not good to be too independent (or too stubborn), and some others might be feeling sorry for me – but seriously, people. I don’t want your pity.
It’s different from rejecting the idea of a relationship. I’m not against it. I just haven’t find the one that I can handle – the one that doesn’t require me letting go of my freedom. And until then – or until someone comes and give love a whole new meaning rather than just a four-letter word – I will be here, enjoying life to the fullest.
3. Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
Travelling around the world and not worrying about financial problems. In connection with prompt number 2, I’d like to get along with someone who can travel with me so I have someone to watch over my table if I needed to enjoy some coffee in a cafe in Toscana.
4. Your view in drug and alcohol.
Who needs drug when you can have fine wine?
Drug is absolutely out of the question, but alcohol… well, I have been taught to sip a little wine ever since I was little (I mean, littler) and my family are basically wine lovers. We don’t get drunk, but occasionally it’s nice to open a bottle and just sip your way through a movie night or something.
The latest recipe I learnt was from my ex-boss.
It was called somaek (소맥), basically a combination of soju (소주) and maekju (맥주). Soju is Korean distilled beverage that’s usually made of rice, and maekju is… well, Korean word for beer. I only had like 1/4 glass at the first gulp but man seriously don’t drink this and drive. Just… don’t.
I think I rambled about a few things afterward but let’s just hope I didn’t blurt out anything impolite.
5. Your views on religion.
Religion is something that nobody should shove into someone else’s head. If you had to defend your God from mankind, you got it the wrong way. God is the one who created mankind. He doesn’t need you killing other people to defend His name.
Oh, and one more reason for me to not to poke at others’ religions: the most famous miracle of all that’s done by my God is making free-flow wine in a wedding party. How could I not love Him?
6. What are you afraid of.
Being old and miserable in a job that I don’t like, and not able to travel.
7. Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
Seriously? 30 is… what exactly would anyone want to know…
- I think the best moments one could have is the ones where you have no photograph of. Weren’t they splendid enough to make you forget about cameras?
- Me having zero record in relationships doesn’t mean I have never fallen for anyone before.
- My favourite books are still Harry Potter, The Lord of The Rings, Sherlock Holmes, Manuscript Found in Accra, and The Da Vinci Code. But then again there are too many good books in this world just to say those few. Like… The Hobbit.
- I learn how to cook from Masterchef and Jamie Oliver’s shows.
- I have never regretted my choice of school and major in university. There were the bootcamps for the bootcamp I’m in right now.
- I love my Nikon D90. But if someone out there loved me, you can always get me a Leica.
- I am quite… how do you say it? Audial? There’s something in listening to people talking in foreign language. Which is why working in a foreign company is like a treat to my ears.
- I just set up a bet with a friend. The deadline is February 15. Her bet is until that date the latest, this… guy, will contact me. My bet is no contact at all, even work-related contact. I might have not mentioned to her that he’s pretty heartless and taken, so I’m looking forward to a free dinner in February 15.
- Although I wouldn’t mind if I did get contacted. Geez. I’m one awful being.
- I play piano and a bit of violin.
- My favourite composer used to be Liszt.
- I learnt English from reading Harry Potter.
- I finished Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix in 7 hours straight of non-stop reading. My eyes hurt after that but it’s all worth it.
- On reading the thesis that I wrote in Indonesian, my lecturer told me to give up and write in English instead because my own native language skill is much worse than my secondary language.
- I once wrote a 44-page storybook in tiny handwriting when I was in elementary school. Far from good and the English was blah, but the point is… I finished writing an effin’ book. All 44 A4 HVS pages. When I was 10. In English. What the heck was I thinking?
- Some foreign languages I have learnt in classes are: English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, French. And the ones not taught in classes are: Croatian, Turkish, German, and… Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
- I’m running of out things to say. Oh, wait. I can never drink pure milk when I was little. Only chocolate milk.
- I think BBC Sherlock is one of the best thing humankind has ever come up with.
- I like divination things. Horoscopes, tarot, zodiac, cards… you name it, I’ve read it. Not that I depend my decisions on it, but it’s fun.
- Strangely enough, I like martial arts. The only team sports I’ve ever done was basketball. The rest were wushu, aikido, archery, and shooting.
- The friends I have in high school (we call it Greenjail) are the best people I can ever have as friends, even up until now.
- When people say things, I expect them to hold on to their words. And I will keep nagging about what they promised me until it’s fulfilled.
- Currently reading Shingeki no Kyojin, aka Attack on Titan by Isayama Hajime. Upon seeing this folder on my desktop sitting next to the Game of Thrones folder, my ex-boss’s comment was “Oh, so you like to watch people get eaten.”
- I once lived in Bali. Yes, Bali. That Bali. And I loved every second of it.
- I like… rain. And when it rains, it’s best to stay at home on the porch, and read a book with a hot tea next to you, and then snuggle up a blanket. Whee.
- I think Antoni Gaudí is the most surreal architect ever. How are we supposed to finish Sagrada Familia now, eh?
- The most memorable written test I’ve ever had was in university’s 2nd semester. History of Art and Architecture class. The lecturer gave us a keyword, “Vincent Van Gogh”. That’s it. So I went Sparta and google everything about the artist, ending up with singing “Starry Starry night” for a few days after.
- Dream house! A room for books and piano and violin, a room for tea, a room for coffee, a kitchen filled with varieties of spices and ingredients, and a room for sketching.
- I believe in karma. And I believe karma for evil is different from karma for stupidity.
- I do actually have someone in mind for the last few days.
8. What are your worst habits
Not finishing things before moving on to another thing.
9. Your 5 favourite blogs.
10. How you hope your future will be like.
11. Discuss your first love and first kiss.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a real one yet. Skip.
12. Put your iPod shuffle and write 10 songs that pops up.
I don’t have an iPod so iTunes will have to suffice.
- Sancta Maria – Charlotte Church
- Canon in D major – La Corda D’oro
- Itsukamita Michi – Depapepe
- Summertime – Coco d’Or
- Mamma – Andrea Bocelli
- Symphonie No. 2 Op 92-4 – Beethoven
- I Want to Hold Your Hand – The Beatles
- Something’s Got A Hold on Me – Christina Aguilera
- Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, op. 18-1 – Rachmaninov
13. What do you collect.
Postcards from all over the world. I haven’t been on Postcrossing for a long time, and there are some postcards that I haven’t registered due to moving a lot and losing track of many pretty things. I’m honestly sorry, and will open the account once I have the time.
14. Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
Toscana. Barcelona. Melbourne. Osaka. Kyoto. London. Firenze. THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY PLACES TO SEE AND A LIFETIME IS NOT ENOUGH BUT WHAT AM I DOING HERE.
15. What’s in your handbag.
Wallet. Phone. Keys. Novels. Charger.
16. What’s inside your fridge.
Oranges. Grapes. Pineapples. Root beer. Makkeoli. Bacon. Salted butter. Tomato sauce. Packed juice.
17. Your favourite quote.
Kindly refer to blog header picture.
18. Your highs and lows of this past year.
Well. There are quite a lot if you wanted me to be thorough, but to sum it up… The highest is travelling abroad, and the lowest being betrayed, brokenhearted, and got stabbed in the back. Repeatedly. Continuously.
19. Your 10 favourite food.
VERY HARD. WHY DO I GET TO PICK ONLY 10.
- Sushi. I’ve always wanted to try uni, but unagi is okay for now.
- My mum’s bitterballen.
- Grilled seafood. Enjoyed at Jimbaran beach. Hm.
- Roasted chicken with rosemary and tea. I invented this one out of nowhere but it turned up quite nice.
- Bacon. Enough said.
- Indomie. You cannot deny how good this instant noodle is.
- Soup. Tomato soup and pumpkin soup. Yum.
- Beer can chicken from Alcoholics Bar and Grill.
- That toppokki and kim-mari and cheese mixed with rice. Ate it somewhere in Seoul. Damn that was a good one.
- Pasta. I can’t decide. Properly cooked pasta is always good.
20. What’s your best physical feature.
I’m proud of my… eye colour. Is that a physical feature?
21. How important you think education is.
Very. Look at how 90% of my countrymen is doing and how they roll. That is what happened due to lack of education. Disastrous idiocy in a major scale.
22. One of your favourite shows.
BBC Sherlock, season 1-2. I’m disappointed by season 3. It’s the most un-Sherlock season ever. It’s like Moffat’s scrolling down Tumblr and compile everything fangirls write into 3 episodes. Nope. I’m gonna stick to the Reichenbach fall and that’s it until they make season 4 a better one.
23. How have you changed in the past 2 years.
Compared to 2 years ago… I’m tougher. Thanks to all the people around me, I think. From the ones who wanted to kill me slowly just because they want to, to the ones who’s doing it because they know I can take it. In many ways, thank you. Keep laughing behind my back, and watch God blessing me in front of your face.
24. Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous and you find attractive.
I’ve spent almost an hour to try and pick specific ones but I’m never that big a fan of any famous guys since the last time I googled Jesse Spencer because of House. Anyway here’s the people whose face I remembered to be nice to ogle at.
25. Your favourite movie and what it’s about.
Not much of a movie person, but I like the Bourne trilogy. Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, and Bourne Ultimatum. Let’s not go into Bourne Legacy.
26. Someone who fascinates you and why.
There are a lot of people who fascinates me but the one who never stops doing so is my mum. Where would I be without her?
27. What kind of person attracts you.
Smart. Witty. Good sense of humour. Not against drinking (responsibly, of course) – a strong drinker is a plus point, because I have the resistance level of a… bunny. Independent. Respectable. A leader. Loves what he’s doing. Patient. Plays at least musical instrument. Speaks foreign languages. Dresses up nice. A good sport. Travels. Good taste. A good cook.
…I’ll never find anyone, will I?
28. What’s in your make-up bag.
Eyeliner. Blush-on. Lipstick. Lipbalm. Mascara. Powder. Brush. A rosary. A ring. Car keys. Don’t ask.
29. Goals for the next 30 days.
Finish re-reading the whole 7 Harry Potter books.
30. Why do you blog.
Because it’s easier to write rather than to talk to anyone about anything. I’m an acute introvert, which means sometimes people repel me and a quality me-time is constantly needed. Blogging is an easy way to vent or dump everything that’s clouding my head. It’s much safer than keep everything to myself and explode later.
Also… just because I want to.